IT Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
This position is responsible for independent design, development, implementation, and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) Reports & Dashboards. The Senior BI Developer is further expected to design data models for reporting and analytics as well as ETL processes for data movement and transformation. As a senior level position mentoring of junior BI developers and serving as a project lead are also expected.
- Implementation of large/multiple development projects functioning as project lead when appropriate.
- Leveraging ETL/ETT/ETM tools and utilities independently to accomplish appropriate database tasks
- Work with department leaders to establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and methods of reporting that present relevant and actionable data.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in support of corporate strategic initiatives.
- Design new reports and reporting solutions from requirements and from an understanding of organizational business needs.
- Develop executive dashboards with advanced drill-through capabilities.
- Use SSRS, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Excel: Pivot Table, Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Models to gather information from multiple sources and deliver information to the end user.
- Act as a Microsoft Power BI, visualization and dash-boarding subject matter expert
- Through BI software development activities and collective understanding of the enterprise-wide business needs, promote the use of self-service products.
- Define and document best practices for dashboards and self-service reporting tools.
- Provide BI training for key users across all operational areas to promote efficient use of BI tools.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Statistics, or related field or equivalent combination of education and directly relevant professional experience.
7+ years of experience with T-SQL queries, stored procedures, report development using SSRS, EXCEL.
5+ years of experience with Power BI, DAX, SSIS, SSAS.
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be team oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Significant experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong experience with stored procedure skills and SQL queries.
- Strong experience with: SQL Server Database Engine, Report Builder.
- Strategic thinker with aptitude to learn and extend business knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite – specifically advanced skills with Excel required
- Must be available for travel, overnight stays;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
- Pay Type Salary
- Raleigh, NC, USA