EPG Field Service Advisor
Field Service Advisor
Responsible for assisting the Field Service Manager in the scheduling of Field Service Technicians while providing technical support through prompt accurate and courteous communications to all Internal and External Customers to achieve the best customer satisfaction possible. Will be expected to provide emergency support, after hours, at least 7 days a month for technicians and customers.
- Assists the Field Service Manager in accepting and coordinating customer inquiries and requests for generator and switchgear repair/services.
- Utilizes W-6 scheduling tool for documentation of all repair calls that come in from internal and external customers. It is extremely important that this schedule is kept up to date at all times. Several people in the division work off of the same schedule and it is used heavily in your absence to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Schedule service calls to Field Service Technicians providing direction to minimize needless travel and maximize efficiencies in the field
- Perform follow-up phone calls to customers when necessary to support our 2 hour response time commitment. Make sure customers are aware of progress on their repairs and quotes. Make sure customer is kept in the loop on additional repairs found during the jobs.
- Monitor pending jobs to ensure promptness in completing job assignments and adequate communication to the customer
- Schedule PM Assignment to Field Service Technicians providing direction to minimize needless travel, maximizes efficiency, and achieves a 90% completion.
- Advise your Group Leader of any significant activity or potential customer concerns, major shifts in work load, or time delays at all times to avoid miss- communications if customer calls in and you are not available.
- Promote external and internal customer relations and good will by investigating customer concerns, researching and providing justification material when required, and communicating those findings promptly to all necessary personnel.
- Work as a liaison between service, sales and parts dept. personnel when needed to promote a team effort for the EPG division.
- Opens all Field Service work orders providing complete and accurate information for Technicians in a timely manner. This includes, make, model, serial number, SMU, customer name and location, contact names and phone numbers. All credit status must be checked prior to opening work orders and dispatching a technician to site.
- Process all paperwork generated by the Field Service Team in a timely fashion completing the following tasks:
- Investigate and authorize credit based on authority and parameters set by the Credit Department per service dept. policy. COD authorization forms must be filled out and signed with a credit card prior to sending a technician to a COD customer location.
- Review daily "No Activity Work-In Process" report to maintain a minimum of 90% of all F/S work orders within a 10 day window. Company goal is closure of work orders within 7 days of last labor.
- Ensure all technicians paperwork and labor entry is completed on a daily bases and labor is approved.
- Coordinate quotes with the appropriate PSSR for all Field Service related requests. Review quoted jobs in your territory with the assigned PSSR to insure complete understanding of what the quote in tales and to make sure we have complete professionalism and timeless in carrying out the repairs.
- Coordinate a Van Inspection Program to insure all vehicle are maintained in a clean, safe and efficient operating condition
- Coordinate all F/S Van repair needs insuring that appropriate repair options are investigated and pursued to minimize down-time and expenses keeping service operations manager aware of all repairs needed.
- Coordinate field service van inventories twice a year to ensure proper consignments are on the vehicles rotating off parts that are un-used during the year to reduce dead stock issues on inventory.
- Provide basic technical support to the Technicians through coaching, researching or providing direction to the EPG Technical Communicator to assist in the resolution of technical problems
- Coordinate all complex technical or factory contacts through Technical Communicator
- Set examples for others to follow to follow by demonstrating a conscientious effort to perform as a team leader, treating all in a fair and equal manner.
- Works with Group Leaders as a team to provide written support for the Performance Reviews to each F/S Technician.
UNIQUE DEPT. DUTIES
You must be available or accessible the majority of the time unless you are specifically on vacation time from the office. This position requires to be on call at least 7 days a month after and before our normal working hours of Gregory Poole Power Systems. The emergency on-call is rotated through all managers weekly. On occasions during severe weather or unusual conditions the EPG service team responds to emergency service situations and may be on call for extended periods of time.
High School graduate or technical school graduate
3-6 years experience in this field or similar field with technical back ground.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of computer to handle dispatching and calls.
Excellent communication skills and phone skills are needed.
Excellent organizational skills are needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Garner, NC, USA