Parts Sales Representative
This position is responsible for generating sales and customer satisfaction through product knowledge and prompt courteous service. Serves as a source of information and sound advice on CAT and other allied parts.
- Receives orders by telephone, mail and in person from walk-in customers
- Initiates calls to customers to solicit orders and verify marketing information.
- Promotes aggressive and suggestive selling by means of product knowledge, personal selling skills, over-the-counter contact, telemarketing and direct mail.
- Actively seeks additional sales opportunities
- Understands and promotes the Parts Exchange System. Promotes additional sales and service sales aggressively
- Ensures any customer “call-back” requests are completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Processes customer orders the same day received, making certain that all documents necessary to the transaction are completed in an accurate manner.
- Prepares sales orders, specifying the terms of sale and delivery. Complies with established company credit policies, including Cash on Delivery policies. Assists the Credit Department in the resolution of errors or problems with customer accounts.
- Handles customer credits accurately and in accordance with Company policy, making sure that all pertinent information is included
- Records lost sales opportunities
UNIQUE DEPT. DUTIES
- Makes full use of the variety of information available, including the Caterpillar Microfiche files, SIS, numerical Parts Record and other reference media. Makes certain that all the Microfiche and other references are kept up to date
- Follows back-orders closely to ensure prompt delivery upon receipt. Notifies customer upon receipt of back-ordered items. Works directly with CAT order analyst to expedite back-ordered parts.
- Assists Sales Department in ordering parts and attachments for new machines.
- Reports machinery sales leads and competitive machine activities to the Sales Department
High school graduate with two years related work experience, including six months of sales and /or mechanical experience.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must be “keyboard” literate to adequately utilize the mainframe system.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Raleigh, NC, USA