PT-Custodian Floater (must be able to work multiple sites)
Must be flexible to work multiple sites in DC, MD and VA.
Must be willing to work up to 40 hrs. per week.
POSITION SUMMARY: Available for on call assignments located in Maryland, D.C, and VA. Must be able to travel and work in any of our locations throughout our network of Contracts and BKB locations. Minimum of two
(2) years janitorial experience, with some experience performing routine floor
care maintenance (e.g. floor buffing, stripping and waxing, etc.). Provide
preventive cleaning services for the SCA and BKB sites in accordance
with green cleaning methods and best industry practices. Fill in for employees, when needed. This position is responsible and will be held accountable
for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and
§ Boss Relationships
Essential Duties and
cleanliness of all assigned areas in the retail store, ensuring work is
completed in timely manner prior to opening of store.
duties such as dusting lights, furniture, shelves and other horizontal
surfaces, must know how to dry/wet mop hard surfaces, vacuum carpets, clean
windows and know how to use high speed for burnishing floors
maintains, and ensures basic security of assigned equipment
Notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repair or replacement or any potential hazards.
Other Duties and
- Cleans and maintain assigned
- Notifies supervisor of equipment
and facilities needing repair or replacement or any other potential safety
position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Two (2) years commercial cleaning experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to decipher/comprehend signs indicating danger.
- Skilled in the knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment such as
a scrubber and extractor as required by site specifications.
- Proven track record of dependability
- Excellent customer service skills, i.e. ability to communicate
positively and consistently with the customer, co-workers, and supervisor,
deliver professional consistent results.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening as required
by assigned sites.
Graduate of GGW’s custodial
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/
carrying objects weighing up to 25
Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions
(temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1140 3rd St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA