E-Commerce Warehouse Picker
TITLE: Ecommerce Warehouse Picker
DIVISION: Donated Goods and Retail Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Ecommerce GM Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Ecommerce warehouse picker is responsible to sort merchandise received in the warehouse and to discern and select the high quality items to be sold at ecommerce operations. Position is also responsible for performing general warehouse responsibilities throughout the warehouse. The Ecommerce warehouse picker must be organized, have extensive knowledge of various product types and collectibles; and must comply with all safety rules and practices. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Drive for Results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determine items with most potential for quick online sale that will generate the best return.
2. Ensure processing and monitoring of inventory control and supply chains by completing shipping, and receiving activities, traffic coordination of ecommerce goods, and acting as general ecommerce warehouse helper.
3. Sort and organize merchandise so it can be easily located.
4. Works on various teams throughout the warehouse: loading and unloading trucks, processing goods, assisting with salvage and ecommerce operations.
5. Keep records of items received and damaged merchandise returned.
6. Quickly tag and stock ecommerce inventory as it is received from stores and/or vendors.
7. Ensures quality control standards by performing detailed standardized quality evaluations of all items as they are received in the warehouse.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with and enforces company policy and standards.
2. Monitors safety and security procedures and ensures safety procedures are enforced on an ongoing basis.
3. Attends division meetings as scheduled.
4. Works cooperatively to as part of the Ecommerce
1. Extensive merchandise knowledge in a variety of product/collectible areas (comic books, soft lines, jewelry, books, etc.).
2. Previous experience in an ecommerce environment.
3. Basic math and excellent computer skills.
4. Knowledge of retail and warehouse operations.
5. Skill in oral and written communication.
6. High school graduate or equivalent.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, as well as read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain regular attendance, punctuality and positive teamwork.
9. Ability to operate warehouse equipment (i.e. stand-up forklift, pallet stacker)
10. Ability to establish and maintain meaningful, purposeful, and mature interpersonal relationships.
11. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend and reach overhead.
12. Must be able to work under deadline pressure.
1. Previous experience in a donated goods environment.
2. Previous experience in a Goodwill environment.
Frequent lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Prolonged walking and standing are required. Frequent mobility.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cryden Warehouse, 8030 Cryden Way, Forestville, Maryland, United States of America