FT-Floor Technician-BEP (Tues, Wed, Thurs 10pm-6:30am,Sat & Sun 6am-2:30pm
Bureau of Engraving and Printing, 14th and C Street, NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America Req #5318
Friday, October 21, 2022
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
TITLE: Floor Technician
TEAM: Contracts Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Custodial Supervisor, Lead Worker, Assistant Project Manager, or Project Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides preventive cleaning services for Federal Agency in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains cleanliness in assigned areas of the facility.
2. Sweep, mop, scrub, buff, wax, strip and/or burnish assigned floors.
3. Performs cleaning duties such as dusting lights, furniture, and other horizontal surfaces, dry mopping hard floor surfaces, vacuuming carpets, emptying and cleaning trash containers and ashtrays, spot cleaning walls and windows.
4. Mixes basic cleaning solutions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans and maintains assigned equipment.
2. Assesses floors for required service needed.
3. Notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repair or replacement.
4. Skilled in the knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment use (scrubber, extractor, walk behind, pad types and usage).
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Minimum six months previous floor care experience (buffing, waxing, stripping various types of floors).
2. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
3. Ability to decipher/comprehend signs indicating danger.
4. Ability to obtain security clearance to work at assigned work site.
5. Covid-19 vaccinated as required by federal contract
1. One year or more of previous floor care and custodial experience.
2. Cleaning management or floor care certification
Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
*This position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of up to 60 pounds. Prolonged walking and standing are required as well as frequent bending, reaching and stooping.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing (marijuana excluded).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing, 14th and C Street, NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America