Sales Associate Glebe Rd
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Provides excellent customer service as a first point of contact to retail customers and maintains the sales floor to ensure an exciting shopping experience. Able to effectively and accurately complete all POS transactions. Partners with team members in a fast-paced environment to expedite merchandise for sale and display on the sales floor. Provides operational sales and support to management team. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides professional and courteous service to all customers inside the store, outside the store, and on the phone.
2. Assures merchandise is placed on the sales floor in a timely manner.
3. Able to ensure items are rung accurately on the register.
4. Demonstrates accurate cash handling skills to include but not limited to making change, operate and maintain the cash register, check and charge card machine, and use of a calculator.
5. Maintains knowledge of merchandise and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
6. Keeps floor merchandise neat and orderly (racks, shelves, bins, and hangers) and assists customers with purchase selections.
7. Maintains clean professional appearance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains an orderly and clean register area.
2. Maintains familiarity with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
3. Perform general housekeeping responsibilities to include: store upkeep duties as needed, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping shelves, and dusting (including restrooms and dressing rooms).
4. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates.
2. Ability to perform basic math skills.
3. Ability to provide exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
4. Ability to settle customer complaints.
5. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours – per 8-hour shift).
6. Ability to bend and lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
7. Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
8. A minimum of 6 months of previous work experience.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working in a retail environment.
3. Excellent customer service-related skills.
4. Working knowledge of a cash register.
5. Multilingual with fluency in English.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.).
- Competitive salaries
- Career growth opportunities
- Professional development
- Strong organizational culture
- Sustainable business model
- Medical and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Caring Fund (Employee Emergency Financial Assistance)
- Employee Connect/EAP (family resource provider)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave: Paid time off for birth, adoption and foster care placement
- Short and long term disability
- Generous employee discount
- No Inventory or overnights
It takes Goodwill to do great things!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Glebe Goodwill Store, 10 South Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America