TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Property Management
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating and supervising installations, maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting work in retail stores, warehouses, office buildings, and other facilities. Interview, hire, train, and oversee workers and determine appropriate repair methods and procedures. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise maintenance workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing and other building systems. Evaluate problematic systems or facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed. Maintenance-related duties include performing initial evaluations of building systems and distributing work assignments.
- Plan maintenance employees’ schedules, establish priorities, goals and expectations.
- Identifies and purchases repair and maintenance materials as needed.
- Flexibility in work hours and the ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends is required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installations, maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting work in retail stores, warehouses, office buildings, and other facilities as needed.
- Coordinates repairs done by outside contractors and inspects such work upon completion.
- Ensures that shop and storage areas are kept well-stocked and well-organized.
- Administers and services the core locking system that is installed at all locations.
- Ensures compliance to company safety and security standards, procedures and policies.
- Ensures maintenance personnel wear and utilize all safety equipment correctly as needed.
- Complete required monthly safety training and any other required training.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with others to ensure safe and effective performance of assigned jobs and associated documentation of tasks.
This position supervises maintenance workers and lead maintenance workers.
- High school graduate or equivalent plus two to three years’ experience in maintenance of a commercial or institutional facility.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general equipment repair.
- Must have own reliable transportation and valid “clear” driver’s license and be able to drive to any location within the Goodwill market area.
- Proficient at using a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project and cell phone with applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and understanding of various Federal, State and County codes and regulations involving construction, installation, fire, safety and sanitation.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Basic knowledge of commercial retail property operations.
- Associate’s degree in engineering or closely related field.
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Regular use of hands and arms to operate tools and equipment and to push, pull and grasp objects. Specific vision abilities required include color vision, close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions including fumes or airborne particles and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Includes regular work near moving mechanical parts, and in varying conditions of extreme heat, extreme cold and wet and/or humid. Ability to be subjected to various environmental conditions.
- Pay Type Salary
- Goodwill of Greater Washington-Headquarters, 1140 3rd Street, NE, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America