CUSTODIAN SUPERVISOR BEP-2:30pm-11:00pm
TITLE: Custodian Supervisor
DIVISION: Contracts Operations
REPORTS TO: Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs front line supervision of custodial employees. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Fairness to Direct Reports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains cleanliness in assigned areas of the facility.
2. Supervises assigned janitorial employees during all assigned shift times (which may include weekdays and assigned weekends).
3. Orientates and trains new employees.
4. Conducts proper floor care training/procedures.
5. Performs cleaning duties such as dusting lights, furniture, and other horizontal surfaces, wet and dry mopping hard floor surfaces, vacuuming carpets, emptying and cleaning trash containers and ashtrays, spot cleaning walls and windows, and restroom cleaning, using the high speed buffer to burnish hard floor surfaces.
6. Establishes the staffing requirements for various functions on a daily basis.
7. Responds to service calls and customer requests such as spills, cleanup of soiled area, flooding, etc.
8. Performs daily physical inspections in areas assigned.
*This position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of up to 40 pounds. Prolonged walking and standing are required as well as frequent bending, reaching and stooping.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Mixes basic cleaning solutions.
2. Ensures the supply and utility rooms are maintained and in a clean and proper condition daily.
3. Assist in inventory control through proper daily usage.
4. Prepares weekly quality control reports and written inspection reports.
5. Establishes and develops rapport with all employees per assigned building.
6. Represents Goodwill professionally and cordially with all customers and building tenants which he/she may encounter.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the janitorial staff at the assigned site.
1. Establishes and develops rapport with all employees per assigned building.
2. Skilled in the knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
3. Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate strength.
4. Minimum of two years of previous supervisory experience or one-two years experience at GGW as a lead worker or a custodian in good standing plus supervisory training may substitute for 2 years supervisory experience.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Light Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of up to 20 pounds Frequent walking or standing. Some reaching. Work Environment
1 Moderate Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing, 14th and C Street, NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America