FT Ecommerce Product Lister
TITLE: Ecommerce Product Lister
DIVISION: Donated Goods and Retail Operations/Ecommerce Department
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Ecommerce Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist with the processing functions of our online retail business by evaluating and posting various merchandise for sale on Shopgoodwill.com, eBay.com, and other auction-oriented sites. Merchandise will include, but will not be limited to clothing, shoes, and accessories, furniture, musical instruments, jewelry, decorative items, housewares, art, electronics, sports equipment, bicycles, collectibles and vintage/antique items. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Take clear and accurate photographs of items, in such detail and number to provide the potential customer with enough information about the item’s appearance, condition, size, color, shape, composition, brand, model, size, and other descriptive detail.
3. Write persuasive sales copy about the item, providing enough detail to help the customer determine appearance, condition, size, material, weight, color, shape, brand, model, size, and other factors.
4. Measure and weigh items accurately, inclusive of packaging.
5. Post items for sale on eBay, Shopgoodwill.com, and other markets as needed.
6. Retrieve merchandise from shelves, place merchandise into appropriate packaging, affix shipping labels, and stage merchandise in preparation for shipping.
7. Keep accurate records, using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software, of items posted, sold, sales price, inventory, origin and destination.
8. Respond to phone and email inquiries from customers in a timely manner, and support customer onsite pickup of purchased items.
9. Use warehouse equipment, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc., to move product inside, outside of and within the warehouse.
10. Remove merchandise from containers and sort, as needed.
11. Coordinate and communicate with retail store Ecommerce representatives, as necessary, regarding items sent from that store.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
5. Performs other duties as directed and assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must have at least six months of relevant work experience in a retail, warehouse, Ecommerce or similar customer-service focused environment.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) and Internet savvy.
Must be a detail-oriented self- starter who is able to learn the requirements of Ecommerce quickly.
Ability to complete all assigned tasks quickly, and in an efficient manner, adhering to departmental quotas.
Must be responsible and reliable and extremely organized.
Excellent written English skills to assist with posting and listing products online.
Ability to conduct reliable research using the internet.
Familiarity with basic photographic principles so as to operate a mid-level digital camera, including the ability to upload photos to a computer.
Ability to work in a warehouse environment with exposure to various temperature extremes (hot in summer, cold in winter), moderate dust and noise.
Ability to lift and carry up to thirty pounds in weight and to push and/or pull merchandise up to 200 pounds using warehouse equipment.
Must have access to Reliable transportation in order to work a variable schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Previous work experience in an Ecommerce, warehouse or retail environment.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cryden Warehouse, 8030 Cryden Way, Forestville, Maryland, United States of America