Assistant Property Manager
TITLE:Assistant Property Manager
DIVISION: Retail Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Property Management
POSITION SUMMARY:Assistant Property Manager works closely with the Director of Property Management, landlords, contractors, maintenance technicians, and others to assist with managing all aspects of a property and project management functions and maintenance requests. The associate is responsible for creating, prioritizing and managing maintenance schedules, and other scheduled and unscheduled work within the portfolio. The associate is also responsible for triaging calls, work tickets and other service related work. Additional responsibilities include identifying new vendors, sending out RFP’s and assisting with managing various aspects of projects. The associate will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Minimum 5 exp - Commercial
- Assist the Director of Property Management with managing the daily operations of all properties within the GGW market area. Ensure that the appropriate processes for all aspects of property management operations, creating, prioritizing and managing maintenance schedules, projects and other work across the entire portfolio handled and managed appropriately.
- Schedule, coordinate and track required inspections, work with landlords and professional services, regarding matters to be addressed by plumbers, construction workers, electricians, HVAC technicians, roof repair professionals, elevator repair professionals, inspection companies, trash vendors and other contractors.
- Update and maintain a database of key property information such as location addresses, landlord contacts, contractor and vendor contacts, as well as maintain property files, architectural drawings and property profile information.
- Ensuring that completed work requests are closed out in the computerized maintenance management system within two business days.
- Frequent travel to all locations within the GGW market area.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Maintenance technicians with the timely and accurate completion and submission of expense reports and Home Depot purchase receipts.
- Assist in the completion of work requests and capital projects.
- Assist Director of Property Management in developing an annual maintenance budget for each location.
- Assist in the creation of reports and metrics to track the performance of the maintenance team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School diploma.
- 2-3 years’ knowledge and experience in commercial retail property operations.
- 2-3 years’ knowledge and experience of building systems (HVAC, security, sprinkler, plumbing, lighting, carpentry, etc.)
- Proficient at using a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other departments and third party vendors.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, staying focused on planned activities while also responding quickly to emergencies as they arise.
- Clear thinker who demonstrates sound decision-making skills.
- Personal reliable transportation
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to10 pounds.Walking or standing to a significant degree, involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling.
Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Salary
- Annandale Road Goodwill Store, 2936 Annandale Road, Falls Church, Virginia, United States of America