Product Specialist - Alexandria, VA- Full Time
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Assist with the processing functions of our online retail business by evaluating and posting various merchandise for sale on Shopgoodwill.com, eBay.com, and other auction-oriented sites. Merchandise will include, but will not be limited to, clothing, jewelry, and art. Specializing in proper identification of artists, designers, mediums, materials, and metals associated with each category. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research merchandise for potential placement on line placed online for sale. Using the internet, published guidelines and consultation with experts, determining information such as the type and function of the item, fair market value, and eligibility for vintage/antique status, brand, potential buyers, whether the item is genuine, and other details in order to make an educated assessment as to the item’s salability on our online markets.
- Take clear and accurate photographs of the item, in such detail and number to provide the potential customer with enough information about the item’s appearance, condition, size, color, shape, composition, brand, model, size, and other descriptive detail.
- Write persuasive sales copy about the item, providing enough detail to help the customer determine appearance, condition, size, material, weight, color, shape, brand, model, size, and other factors.
- Measure and weigh items accurately, inclusive of packaging.
- Post items for sale on eBay, Shopgoodwill.com, and other markets as needed.
- Retrieve merchandise from shelves, place merchandise into appropriate packaging, affix shipping labels, and stage merchandise in preparation for shipping.
- Keep accurate records, using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software, of items posted, sold, sales price, inventory, origin and destination.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from customers in a timely manner, and support customer onsite pickup of purchased items.
- Use warehouse equipment, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc., to move product in, out and within the warehouse.
- Remove merchandise from containers and sort, as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with store Ecommerce representatives as necessary regarding items sent from that store.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a quick work pace in order to adhere to posting quotas.
- Maintain a professional appearance, adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
- Assist with warehouse logistics as assigned.
- Assist with eBooks department as needed.
- Performs other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Self-starter and learns quickly.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written English skills.
- Ability to conduct reliable research using the internet.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Familiarity with basic photographic principles so as to operate a mid-level digital camera, including the ability to upload pictures to a computer.
- Proven ability to handle responsibility and reliable and extremely organized.
- Ability to complete all assigned tasks quickly, and in an efficient manner, adhering to departmental quotas.
- Ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift merchandise up to thirty pounds in weight.
- Ability to push and/or pull merchandise up to 200 lbs. using warehouse equipment.
- Previous work experience in a retail environment.
- Microsoft Office proficient and Internet savvy.
- Reliable transportation in order to work a variable schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or GED
Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to10 pounds. Walking or standing to a significant degree, involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Hayfield Store, 7558 Telegraph Rd, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America
- Kings Highway Goodwill Store, 6220 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America