FT Special Education Instructor (Reading)
TITLE: Special Education Instructor
POSITION SUMMARY: The Teacher of will also serve as a Special
Education Instructor charged with working with Excel Center students who need extra support, or require an advanced program of learning in order to reach
full educational potential. TORs/Special Education instructors may work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments ( hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism,
social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties. TORs/Special Education instructors may also work with gifted and talented individuals. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Preparing lessons and resources to support students with special needs
- 4. Developing and adapting conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils.
7. Coordinator, and Instructional staff, and contracted staff to develop individualized education programs (IEPs) designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social/emotional development.
1. Requires a
2year of teaching experience
3 approved Certification in Special Education or ability and requirement to obtain certification within two years of employment.
2. Four to eight years of teaching experience
3. Experience working with adults, especially in an urban setting
4. Experience working as an Academic Intervention Specialist or to support basic skills of struggling learners
to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to10 pounds. Walking or standing to a significant involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling.
General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $61,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $91,000.00
- 1776 G St NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA