KISSsoft Technical Support Engineer
Gleason is a global, advanced manufacturing company in the Gear Services Industry that helps some of the most recognized companies in the world solve problems. Our storied success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing well and implementing technology to help our customers achieve their objectives. Working for Gleason, you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by Gleason and built on tangible accomplishments. As we continue to grow and evolve, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know: We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them. We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded. We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our customers and colleagues. If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
Why work at Gleason?
- Excellent benefits package including a 6% Company 401(k) match
- Flexible scheduling options available in some departments
- NYS Certified Apprenticeship Program
- Shift premiums for 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Formal and informal development opportunities.
The KISSsoft Technical Sales Support Engineer is responsible for helping to support the technical sales and engineering of the KISSsoft product for the US and Canada. You will work directly with US and Switzerland operations to help support, develop, and grow KISSsoft Sales and technical capabilities in the US and Canada.
Software Technical Support:
- Support KISSsoft customers with technical questions related the use of the software
- Help customer with licensing and installations
- Provide customers with software evaluation versions
- Communicate with customers over the phone and email to help answer any software related questions
- Create support videos and training materials
- Assist with organizing and teaching basic training classes, both in person and virtually
- Prepare training classes using training materials, presentations, and shared with the team in Switzerland
- Participate in and support any technical papers to help promote company capabilities and expertise
- Provide suggestions for software enhancements and features based on your experience and market feedback.
- Solid Model 3D and 2D drawing creation experience using Solidworks or Creo preferred
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of experience using KISSsoft/KISSsys
- Knowledge of gear design, materials, and manufacturing processes a plus
- Understanding of transmissions with gears, shafts, and bearings a plus
- Engineering design experience a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solidworks and/or Creo
- 10-15% of the year
- Customer facilities for presentations, demos, and training classes
- Technical conferences
- Internal sales meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employees are required to use proper lift assistance for any objects over 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees are required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their manager or supervisor.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an all inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements or duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Gleason is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, disability, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, victim of domestic violence status, arrest or conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
- Job Family GWR & GSAC
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Gleason Plastic Gears, 8210 Buffalo Road, Bergen, New York, United States of America