Job Title: SHEER OPERATOR
Department: Steel/Fab Shop
Reports to: Steel Shop Supervisor
Sets up and operates power sheer and band saw to cut metal objects such as metal plates to specific dimensions.
· Sets up and operates power shear and band saw to cut metal objects such as metal plates to specific dimensions
· Must have basic math skills- addition, subtraction, multiplication & division
· Must be able to read basic blueprints
· Must be able to read a tape measure accurately to 1/16 of an inch
· Must be able to be trained to perform stud welding
· Constant and continual standing and walking
· Exposure to heat, humidity, the cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust
· Works close by and is exposed to moving construction vehicles such as cranes, forklifts, front-end loaders, tractor-trailers, various yard trucks, and buggies
· Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as steel toe work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, safety vests & back brace
· Ability to work in a physical and fast-paced environment.
· Maintains good housekeeping and follows safety regulations at all times
· Performs additional duties as requested or required
· Must have the ability to arrive at work on time
· Must be able to lift, stand, walk, bend, reach, climb stairs, and twist for extended periods of time
· Have the ability to work as a part of a team and have good communication skills
· Reports to Steel Shop Supervisor
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, and walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA