Job Title: Rebar Laborer Department: Rebar
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Assists workers engaged in the production of Precast Concrete products by reading production drawings/blueprints and assembling rebar per those specifications.
- Bend, Cut, and Tie Rebar/Mesh.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Handle and Assemble rebar & mesh cages.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of tools, including but not limited to; Rebar Tie Gun, Rebar Sheer, and Rebar/Mesh Bender.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Loading and Unloading rebar for vendors.
- Ability to read a tape measure within 16ths of an inch.
- Basic Math/Algebra Skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Must adhere to all Gate Precast’s safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping at all times.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Some rebar/construction experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, back brace, forearm shields, and safety vests. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA