BATCH PLANT OPERATOR
Job Title: Batch Plant Operator Department: Batch Plant
Reports To: Plant Superintendent Effective Date: 05/02/2022
This position retrieves, inspects, and prepares product to customer supplied specifications.
We are looking for an experienced Batch Plant Operator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for retrieving, inspecting, and preparing product to customer supplied specifications.
· Operate Mixer Machine and Batch Plant.
· Maintain records of production and quality issues as specified.
· Notify supervision of nonconforming product or problems with machine, materials, etc.
· Communicate production issues with other employees and supervisors
· Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
· Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements.
· Perform routine machine maintenance
· Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product.
· Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
· Understands and applies safe use and operation of the equipment and communicates with other employees about safety related matters
· Willingness and ability to work as a team player
· Perform additional duties as requested or required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent
Basic knowledge/understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
Knowledge of the basics of hydraulics, electricity, and tools
Knowledge of concrete fundamentals
ACI Field Testing Certified (not required; but must be able to achieve within 6 months)
Precast experience preferred
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reach, climb stairs, squat, grasp, and twist for extended periods
This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as 6" leather work boots, hard hat, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(K) with Company match
- Medicare, retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
Gate Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, October 17, 2022
- 3800 Oxford Loop Rd, Oxford, NC 27565, USA