Estimator - Engineer In Training
Job Title: Estimator-Engineer Department: Engineering
Reports to: General Manager Effective Date: Immediate Opening
Gate Precast Company is one of the nation's largest producers of architectural precast concrete, pre-stressed hollow core slabs, transportation/infrastructure and marine components, operating eight manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida and in Texas. At these state-of-the art plants, architectural and structural concrete are designed, manufactured, delivered and installed to customers in over two-thirds of the United States.
We are looking for an Estimator-Engineer to join our award-winning team in Atlanta, GA!
- Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex precast projects as required by client’s documents to provide complete conceptual and total bid price.
- Must be able to create and maintain a steady, high level of production while working on multiple jobs at the same time and delivering all jobs on schedule.
- Effectively communicate with general contractors, architects, and internal customers.
- Prepares estimates and issue proposals for precast services after reviewing design documents, drawings, specifications and completing quantity take-offs.
- Maintains strict adherence to company standards as related to estimating and project management.
- Continue to improve the method of estimating costs from a time and accuracy standpoint
- Reviews documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Compiles and records actual costs
- Bachelor's degree - in Building Construction or related field strongly preferred but not required.
- Precast concrete experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of building and construction
- Valid Driver’s License: Must have a clean driving record
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Sketchup and Bluebeam.
- Must understand systems flow and process from design to delivery
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree – in Building Construction or related field strongly preferred but not required
· Precast experience preferred but not required
· Basic knowledge of building and construction
· Valid Driver’s License: Must have a clean driving record
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Revit Lite and Bluebeam
· Must understand systems flow and process from design to delivery
· Strong analytical skills and is detailed-oriented
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company match
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-Demand Pay
- Tickets At Work
- Legal Shield
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- And More!
GATE Precast is an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST ENGINEERING
- Pay Type Salary
- 800 Wharton Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30336, USA