PRECAST PRODUCT - POURING LABOR
JOB TITLE: Concrete Production Laborer
DEPARTMENT: Casting/Pouring Crew
SUMMARY: Performs all general laborer construction-type duties in the fabrication process to produce both structural pre-stressed and architectural precast concrete products such as concrete columns, beams, decks, walls and floor panels used to construct highway bridges, office buildings, multi-story parking garages, industrial facilities and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up, cleans and prepares production bed for pouring concrete
- Assists in pouring and spreading of concrete, operates vibrators, smooths and finishes concrete surfaces with trowels, brooms, and rakes.
- Cleans steel plate forms and sets in place, places and ties steel tension cables and steel reinforcement bars
- Assists cranes by attaching lifting devices to remove product from production bed.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of tools and equipment, including but not limited to: vibrators, grinders, trowels, brushes, rakes, shovels, push brooms, torches, wheelbarrows, and hand trucks.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and finish wet concrete before it sets
- Must demonstrate a positive work attitude by working cooperatively at all times with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be able to wear personal protection (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, respirators, hard hats, hi-vis vests, safety glasses and hearing protection. This is an outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Bluegrass Dr, Ashland City, TN 37015, USA