GATE EXPRESS CARWASH - ASSISTANT MANAGER
GATE has consistently outperformed larger, stronger companies and we attribute our success to the dedication of the employees. GATE's employees are willing to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service to get the job done. These employees are the reason GATE is a dynamic company with an exciting future.
Looking for a high-energy and fast-paced work environment? Enjoy interacting with customers? Want to join a company with opportunities for growth? If yes, then we want you to be part of the GATE family.
GATE Express Wash team members enjoy competitive benefits, including:
• Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance
The GATE Express Wash Assistant Manager ensures customer service is the first priority for Express Wash operations by providing a safe and friendly experience for our guests. Collaborates with the manager to develop and maintain a team who provide inside and outside wash services to guests in a safe, fast, and friendly manner. This includes overseeing the operation of the location and ensuring maximum sales through excellent service, expense control, and operating costs. Coach team members to improve performance and develop their skills. Monitors operations and assures compliance with all policies and procedures. Must ensure a high level of cleanliness and organization at the facility.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and split shifts
- Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language at a level sufficient to communicate effectively with staff
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to operate a computer
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, and reach (including overhead)
- Must have adequate strength, balance, and coordination to perform essential functions
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, including endurance of temperature and weather changes outside
The candidate must be an effective leader and assist manager and assistant manager in controlling operations, sales, and maintenance. Candidate must be capable to perform all duties of Express Wash Associates and Team Leaders, including but not limited to:
· Operating the Express Wash kiosk, credit card machines, and POS
· Efficiently and safely guide vehicles through the car wash
· Continuously maintain and repair car wash equipment
· Performing preventative maintenance and minor repairs on car wash equipment
· Detailing vehicles
· Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and organization at the facility
· Knowledgeable of store merchandise
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and split shifts
· Arrive to work on time, consistently
· Upon entering the property, arrive in proper uniform, crisp, clean and in good repair. Wear safety goggles and non-slip shoes when necessary
· Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval
· Attend all required training, safety courses, office and departmental meetings
· Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe work environment
· Safely and properly handle chemicals
· Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and safety features.
· Maintain and contribute to a positive and supportive team environment
· Coach team members to improve performance and increase the number of tasks every team member can perform.
· Ensure the personnel’s uniforms are neat and clean in appearance
· Supervise operations and encourage maximum sales through excellent service, expense control, and operating costs.
· Perform bookkeeping procedures including shift check-off; daily station reporting and inspections; bank deposit preparation; and analyze reports and transmit daily reports and other pertinent data to the Corporate Office
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular meetings and training
· Continually evaluate and react to performance issues
· Able to follow closing procedures
· Provide excellent customer service. Expeditiously resolve issues involving guest inquiring, complaints, and compliments, as well as disgruntled employees and employee relations
· Facilitate a fast vehicle processing by following the correct procedure for every vehicle through the car wash.
· Ensure completion of interior and exterior housekeeping during the assigned shift, including but not limited to: maintaining the appearance of landscaping, checking to see that all trashcans are emptied in the facility, and ensure the cleanliness of all areas throughout the day
· Conduct daily preventative maintenance according to program schedule on days and shifts managed
· Conduct equipment repairs proactively and troubleshoot problems to resolve issues quickly
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. The management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
- Job Family CONV STORES & CARWASH
- Pay Type Hourly
- 9540 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32257, USA