SAFETY AND TRAINING SUPERVISOR
Job Title: Safety and Training Supervisor Department: Administrative
Reports To: HR and Safety Manager Effective Date: 02/01/2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged Safety and Training Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate will administer safety auditing and training, track certifications and licenses, ensure proper workers compensation reporting/handling, develop ways to promote safety and reduce accidents/injuries; and ensure proper OSHA recordkeeping and compliance with OSHA regulations.
Provide guidance to Managers and Supervisors in all matters related to safety, health, and environmental aspects
- Maintain the GATE PRECAST Safety Program to comply with Company, and OSHA requirements.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer occupational safety and health matters.
- Investigate accidents that occur onsite and identify possible causes of the incident.
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, accidents, and related events
- Administer Hazard Communication Program, and maintain Safety Data Sheet files to ensure availability of latest updates to all employees
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily.
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operations.
- Oversee employee safety training and activities (weekly training, evacuation drills, tool box talks, safety committee meetings, etc.)
- Ensure all environmental / health certifications are current (air/water permits, respirator fit testing, audiometric testing, etc.)
- Ensure all equipment inspections are current and defective equipment is repaired or disposed of and replaced as appropriate
- Ensure all safety training and certifications are kept
- Ensure all annual reviews are completed (Lockout Tagout observations, JHAs, Safety procedures, etc.)
- Ensure Safety audits are completed as required and conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Act as liaison between management and external safety agencies
- Ensure first aid supplies are stocked
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills to ensure good relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years minimum experience in a Safety Supervisor or similar position
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour construction or OSHA 500 certification
- Certified Powered Industrial Truck Trainer preferred
- Experience in Precast or Structural is preferred but will train the right candidate
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on an as needed basis, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reach, climb stairs, squat, grasp, and twist for extended periods. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as 6" leather work boots, hard hat, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection Some prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
401k plan with company matching
Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
Educational Expense reimbursement
Paid Sick Time
Paid Maternity leave
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, January 16, 2023
- 2440 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, AL 36460, USA