Technical Intern - B2B Marketing
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies UpCurve, Inc. and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com or www.localiq.com
This internship experience will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with top B2B Marketing experts, exposure to multiple divisions (client support, presales data/insights/operations, marketing and creative services, local sales teams, auto and national sales), and an assigned mentor to help guide and advise you along the way. Hours will range from 15-30 hours weekly, based on student availability.
With industry-leading technology and digital marketing services, our team shares a commitment to supporting local commerce, enabling businesses to connect with customers where we live, work, and serve.
As an Intern working with B2B Marketing, you will develop and apply your experience and skills in:
- Supporting and interacting directly with our Website Team and the larger B2B Marketing Team on tasks, included but not limited to:
Researching, planning, and executing of back-end and/or front-end website development tasks
- Interpreting client specifications and helping to identify website user requirements
- Finding, diagnosing, and repairing website problems (broken links, embed codes, duplicate pages) and ensuring software documentation is updated
- Helping to implement A/B and multivariate tests using a combination of third-party software and custom solutions
- Implement analytics tracking scripts to diagnose conversion and performance issues
- Deploying planned website updates on a bi-weekly basis, and/or coordinating out- of-band “hotfixes” when necessary
- Implementing and QA-ing test Web Services (API Endpoints) between our website and our marketing and product engineering tech stacks
- Communicating effectively with key stakeholders around completion dates, creating timeframes and work schedules to meet deadlines
- Participating in sitewide initiatives that further expand our website’s capabilities and accessibility across devices and platforms; For example: implementing WCAG 2.0 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- Networking opportunities and events
- Shared experiences with key leaders
What you will bring to the table:
- An energetic, strategic, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Critical thinking with creative abilities
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Technologically savvy and a fast learner
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic HTML/CSS experience
- WordPress experience is a plus, but not required
- Marketing, Sales or Advertising degree-seeking or related coursework/ background.
- Marketing background helpful (digital preferred)
DEVELOP, GROW, and JOIN the next generation of talent for Gannett/USA TODAY NETWORK!
The hourly rate for this role will range between $8.22 and $19.35. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Intern
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- United States