Product Test Technician
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies UpCurve, Inc. and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com or www.localiq.com
Product Test Technician
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Product Test Technician to help us run the best editorial test labs in the country. Our mission is to help people buy the right products and enjoy the stuff they already own. We believe thorough, scientific testing is the best way to get that information, and you can help.
This is a hands-on job where your schedule is flexible, and you spend time investigating exciting home and outdoor products. If you’re a creative problem-solver, this might be the job for you.
While you’ll have the opportunity to work with many kinds of products, this role is focused primarily on sleep tech and mattresses. Understanding the needs of a homeowner and having an eye for design are both valued traits.
You’re process-oriented and driven to figure out how stuff works. You have strong communication skills and can explain complicated information in easy-to-understand terms.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Lab Operations and is part of the product testing team. You’ll interface with the editorial team to help them to write reviews and other content.
This is a full-time position, hourly, non-exempt position in our Cambridge, MA office and labs. Remote employment is not possible for this position.
- Test mattresses and other products according to strict in-house standards.
- Accurately record and manage test data.
- Provide editorial staff members with summaries of product testing results to inform the writing of product reviews.
- Move and install large appliances and mattresses around the lab.
- Assist Lab team staff with various tasks in the product test lab.
- Take photographs that document the testing process.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required; some college preferred.
- A passion for learning how things work and helping consumers.
- A willingness to learn new skills and problem-solve when issues arise.
- The strength to lift 50 pounds, as well as to bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to speak on camera and share your testing and product experiences through video or social media.
- Solid writing skills are a bonus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in a test lab, with several smaller labs for various product categories. Your desk space is in an open, shared area. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack. Occasional travel may be required to meet with other teams in the USA TODAY Network and to cover news and events.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge, MA, USA