Project Manager I - Sales Ops
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Local Branded Content Program Manager, GET Creative
The Branded Content Program Manager brings a passion and aptitude for branded content production, creativity, organization, and client service. This role will be focused on the local side of the branded content team. They play a key role on a fast-growing studio team to ensure that all projects and campaigns are efficiently and effectively executed and embody our point-of-view as a creative agency with an editorial voice.
The Branded Content Program Manager is responsible for managing local branded content campaigns. They will be responsible for managing timelines, coordinating stakeholders, setting up campaigns using internal systems and maintaining campaigns throughout the lifecycle. They shall identify and implement successful strategies and practices as well as mitigate challenges and obstacles for the effective and efficient management of branded content campaigns. They may also be responsible for tracking individual and aggregate campaign performance to inform successful strategies.
The Branded Content Program Manager works directly with advertising clients and across the organization to provide support for custom branded content products, campaigns, and serves as the internal expert and leader on branded content executions to advise on best practices, troubleshooting, and optimization. This position requires extremely strong communication skills and flawless project management and execution capabilities.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for our local branded content clients. This spans from onboarding to campaign wrap up.
- Responsible for overall program timeline and management of day-to-day local branded content campaign workflow throughout each stage – order creation, production, promotion, and post-campaign.
- Ensure all sponsored content is delivered on time and represents the highest creative and editorial standards
- Responsible for maximizing content performance by implementing, monitoring, and optimizing promotional plans across owned, offsite, social, and paid channels
- Utilize A/B testing and other data-driven methods to maximize traffic to and interaction with local branded content
- Create performance recap reports with key insights to provide to clients on a weekly basis and at campaign end
- Track success of branded content programs, compile results and provide recommendations for future programs, with the goal of program renewal and incremental revenue
- Compile cross-campaign insights, learnings, and best practices and present to stakeholders across the company
- Participate in client sales calls to communicate best practices for sponsored content, assess program objectives, ensure execution aligns with client objectives, and provide insights and recommendations
- Stay abreast of content marketing and native advertising trends to best service existing accounts and develop new relationships
- Help create, manage, and improve project documentation, client-facing deliverables, client feedback, research, testing results, pre-launch checklists, post-launch cleanup, and postmortems on an on-going basis
- Assist Branded Content Vice President, Directors, and Manager on special projects as needed
- At least three years of account or campaign management experience at a major publisher or agency
- A proven track record of communicating and co-collaborating with brands and their agency partners to execute multi-platform custom branded content or marketing programs that include custom print, digital, event and/or consumer promotions
- Superior organizational skills, is deadline-driven and proactive
- Critical thinking skills and can see the larger goals of a project without losing site of important details
- A diplomatic and tactful approach when dealing with creative teams, freelance talent, and clients
- Excellent customer service in written and verbal communication
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- The willingness to embrace a startup atmosphere and wear multiple hats
- The ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Familiarity with content management systems, digital ad technologies and executions a big plus
- Experience using social media, search engine optimization and HTML a big plus
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, marketing, or other related field
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $38,700 and $93,150. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Program & Project Management
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- United States