Sales Development Representative
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Looking to get into sales? WordStream is hiring a Sales Development Representative!
As a WordStream Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will prospect, qualify, and generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the business, by making contact with Senior Executives and Marketing Managers at Marketing Agencies throughout the United States and Canada.
WordStream is dedicated to providing ongoing one-on-one personal training and coaching, where you will have the opportunity to develop skills in all aspects of sales: prospecting, messaging, communication, and ultimately join the ranks of the world class sales team that we are building providing a great opportunity for career growth.
A little about the role...
- Conduct high volume prospecting (80-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media from WordStream's Lead Database
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives and Management to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Account Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for a partnership with Wordstream
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
- Help Large Agencies realize the profitability of Managing PPC at scale
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great sales person, leader and executive
A little about you...
- Track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- "One-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Bachelors degree
- Previous work experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed your job requirements.
A little about our many benefits...
- Generous PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status
The hourly rate for this role will range between $12.55 and $29.30. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Outside Sales
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- United States