Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Growth & Optimization Onsite Team aims to drive users to digital subscriptions via onsite efforts across all Gannett publications. This team focuses on driving users further down the subscription funnel with the goal of optimizing our onsite conversion rate and increasing subscriptions via testing and cross-functional strategies.
We are seeking an experienced, performance driven conversion rate specialist to assist with conversion rate optimization (CRO) for our onsite subscription conversion funnel. This role will primarily focus on driving low intent users further down the funnel, testing and planning to drive more qualified leads, growing account creation, and increasing our digital onsite subscriber base. This is a highly cross-functional position that requires someone skilled at strategic thinking, test ideation and executing to hit aggressive marketing objectives and business results.
Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary job duties and responsibilities and give examples of the types of activities the incumbent will perform. Identify between five and ten primary duties and responsibilities for the position.
· Support senior manager with conversion rate optimization for onsite consumer-facing websites and landing pages
· Develop top of funnel (anonymous) funnel user strategy to drive further engagement through the funnel for both USA Today and Local markets
· Work with cross-functional teams (product, creative, UX) to develop efforts to drive email registration and account creation onsite
· Leverage AB Tasty and onsite testing functionality to develop testing roadmap and execute testing strategy for top of funnel testing
· Develop email acquisition strategies to increase newsletter signups via in-line registration and overlays and liaise with email and product teams to drive acquisition journeys to prime for more qualified leads
· Identify segments for specified targeting for new users to site and how to increase engagement using targeted messaging and tests for all markets
· Partner with creative, product, and operations to manage creative campaign schedule and testing roadmap
· Execute ongoing market research on best practice strategies and develop internal process of existing onsite strategies
· 2-4 years proven track record of driving digital subscription growth, CRO, product management or consumer revenue
· Experience designing and executing A/B test to drive acquisition, conversion and revenue maximization
· Proficiency in website data, marketing and analytic tools including but not limited to Google Analytics, Excel, Powerpoint, Airtable, Asana
· Strong attention to detail, outstanding organization skills and ability to work well cross-functionally
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $34,200 and $80,500. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Marketing Operations
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- United States