Manager, Partner- Marketing Subscriptions
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Manager, Partner-Marketing, Subscriptions
The Global Partnerships Team owns the national partnership strategy and B2B acquisitions channel for key subscription-driving partnerships.
This team is responsible for growing subscriptions for 200+ local Gannett markets, USA TODAY, USA TODAY Crossword, and USA TODAY Sports via third party partnerships.
They identify impactful partnership opportunities within other media, tech, and mobile companies who are also focused on audience growth, negotiate win-win deals, develop go-to-market strategies and manage partnerships on an ongoing basis.
We're looking for an exceptional, results-oriented individual who brings strong partner-marketing experience and a desire to work within a high-growth business unit.
The Partner-Marketing Manager, Subscriptions, will support the Subscription Partnerships team in nurturing the relationships with key partners and in developing impactful marketing plans to drive subscription volume.
This role can work remote from anywhere is the US except for Alaska & Hawaii.
- Initiate and support day-to-day partner marketing and management.
- Develop scalable, replicate promotional initiatives to drive awareness, acquisition, and engagement.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure support for programs with key internal partners including legal, brand and acquisition teams.
- Manage ongoing performance and account strategy for assigned partners, track KPIs of marketing activities and channels and optimize programs as required.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of competitive marketplace and provide team with regular briefings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing, account management, partnerships or sales at a publisher, agency, media company, etc. exposure to subscription partnerships a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, self-starter with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to see bigger picture while operating in the details, to solve problems and to manage multiple projects.
- Willingness to travel at least 1x / quarter to partner meetings.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $68,400 and $161,000. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Content Management
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- United States