Press Operator I
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
PRESS OPERATOR I
GANNETT PUBLISHING SERVICES
The Press Operator I position is assigned to learn & perform printing related tasks that may include, but are not limited to: Newsprint reel set-up & operation; newsprint staging; roll preparation; plate processing; placing printing plates; basic ink setting; equipment maintenance; and specified reporting.
The primary objective is to support efficient press operations as needed to achieve & maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety. Works as part of a press crew to coordinate press & plate operations during an assigned shift.
Must be reliable, report to scheduled shifts on-time and ready to begin work.
·Work as a team to achieve & maintain on-time press performance
·Work as a team to achieve & maintain product quality standards
·Work as a team to meet waste goals
·Assist with plate, reel room & press operations as assigned
- This position requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Experience in web offset printing is desirable, although production experience of any kind may be helpful.
- Mechanical ability and familiarity with computers is preferred.
- Candidates should have the ability to adapt to change, prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, remain flexible and interact with people while demonstrating patience.
- You must be able to lift/carry up to 100 pounds. Must be able to push/pull up to 2000 pounds (rolls of paper).
- A press operator spends most working hours on his/her feet.
- In addition to long periods of standing, a press operator is required to climb stairs on the six-level press structure. Operators engaged in press maintenance and some cleaning activities will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. They often work in tight areas. Color vision is required.
- This position is full-time shift work, which includes scheduled nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Candidate must be able to work night shifts, weekends and holidays, on a rotation schedule.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Previous machine operation or maintenance experience preferred.
- Job Family Printing/Press
- Job Function Gannett Publishing Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lakeland, FL, USA