News - Manager, Content
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Journal Star in Peoria, Illinois, is searching for a manager to work with a team of reporters covering our vibrant and engaged community. We're looking for an editor to oversee reporters covering local government and business.
The ideal candidate will have a curiosity that matches our readership and the communication skills to work with reporters at every level of reporting and writing. The editor must have strong news judgement and editing skills. We're looking for a team player who has a commitment to the highest journalism ethics and defending the values of the First Amendment.
The Journal Star is part of the USA TODAY Network. Peoria, a scenic and affordable city, is the center of a region with urban, suburban and rural communities. There's always something newsy happened in our coverage area and there's something for everyone to do in their personal time. Come join us in the River City.
•Work with reporters before, during and after the creation of content.
• Oversee and assist in identifying and procuring public records.
• Ensure that all reporting meets journalistic standards for fairness, thoroughness and quality.
• Edit daily articles, enterprise stories and projects.
• Provide customer service to readers.
• Comfortable in stressful situations.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Willing to learn more about SEO, social media and readership trends.
• Strong people management skills.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following:
- A brief cover letter that outlines your interest in the position and how you would approach the job.
- Your updated resume – one to two pages.
- A portfolio/clips/links to a few samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
- Job Family Content Management
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Illinois, USA
- Peoria, IL, USA