Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #534
Monday, October 3, 2022
This position prepares and applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and/or protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings or other structures throughout the Zoo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Smooth surfaces and remove old paint from surfaces by taping and bedding, sanding, sandblasting, stripping or scraping to prepare surfaces for painting or finishing
• Apply various finishes to surfaces including but not limited to paint, varnish, stain, enamel, lacquer, primer or sealer
• Select premixed paints, or mix required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors
• Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other filler
• Paint, varnish, stain, enamel, and/or lacquer walls, floors, woodwork and fixtures of buildings using appropriate tools and techniques
• Erect scaffolding, set up ladders and/or work platforms or use an electric lift to perform work above ground level
• Mask, remove, cover, or otherwise protect furniture, hardware, trim, and other nonpainted surfaces
• Remove tools and supports and clean work area
• Utilize CMMS work order system for work scheduling, preventative maintenance programs and record keeping
• Assist where needed in inter-departmental projects and functions
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities (as appropriate to skill level and experience) as assigned
• Have regular and punctual attendance
• Work modified schedule as needed and determined by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Knowledge and experience with surface preparation, associated tools and equipment, product usage and application techniques for all surfaces including but not limited to plaster, drywall, metal, wood and masonry
• Ability to operate spray equipment, various hand and power tools, and other equipment such as lifts
• Ability to read and work from manuals, blueprints, written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work irregular hours and outdoors in all weather conditions
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Two years’ experience as a painter or painter’s helper in construction or building maintenance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; walk on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations in the Zoo. Work frequently periods of intense physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting and operating tools and objects weighing up to 100 pounds, walking significant distances, and using manual and power tools and equipment. Work occasionally involves working at height of about 25 feet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
This posting is inactive.
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America