Part-Time Event Sales Coordinator
Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #523
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
This position will assist the Event Sales Coordinator in executing all aspects of Zoo events and help with correspondence and paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Event Planning: tickets, vendor coordination, creating floor plans
• Make reservations for groups coming to the Zoo
• Assist in executing group events:
o Attend meetings with clients
o Event setup and breakdown
o Coordinate with Event Operations
o Attend Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings
• Assist with Event Sales tours and day of event execution
• Run errands and deliver tickets as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Ability to work 20-25 hours per week, including weekends and event night hours
• Possess skills to operate basic office equipment
• Possess basic knowledge in computer operation
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• Computer skills, organizational and writing/communication skills
• High School diploma required
• Catering and special event experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America