Appliance Repair Technician
Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #507
Thursday, August 4, 2022
This position performs a variety of semi-skilled duties related to the maintenance, repair and monitoring of Zoo kitchen/appliance equipment and other related equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform preventive maintenance of kitchen/appliance equipment and other mechanical equipment
• Respond to maintenance requests of various kitchen/appliance equipment, troubleshoot and repair
• Monitor kitchen equipment and systems for proper and efficient operation
• Operate all necessary hand tools and equipment to perform required duties
• Determine necessary parts, equipment, tools and material for tasks and secure best source, price, and quality
• Possess knowledge of various kitchen/appliance equipment operations
• Track and log all time and materials used
• Complete work order paperwork
• Respond to emergency calls when necessary to ensure guest and employee safety
• Assist other trades as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Two years’ experience as a kitchen equipment maintenance technician, or able to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed under duties
• Knowledge of Fort Worth city codes as needed
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain Zoo standards of insurability
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Five years’ experience in the maintenance or construction field
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, speak clearly, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours, holidays, and weekends as assigned
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold, and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America