The Marketing team is hiring for a Marketing Manager that will report into the Executive Director, Marketing. The Marketing team focuses on launching new product categories and SKU’s. The team has a laser focus on delivering project milestones on time, in budget, and with superior quality while partnering with cross functional stakeholders.
We are looking for a seasoned NPD lead with a detail oriented lens and proven advanced portfolio management. As a Marketing Manager you will collaborate with Creative, Retail Marketing, Research & Development, Regulatory, and Finance. You are a self-starter who is excellent at follow-through and creative problem solving. You are persistent and adaptable, always eager to learn something new.
What You’ll Do:
New Product Feasibility Evaluation
- Translate portfolio analysis into strategy and execution for the US Market
- Find white spaces
- Recommend SKU rationalization (fragrances, colors, low sellers)
- Determine size of opportunity + target audience
Financial and Competitive Analysis
- Return on investment
- Costing direction
- Competitive review
Artwork Project Management
- Create and manage timelines with stakeholders through creative and regulatory reviews
- Organize briefs through to artwork trafficking and approval
Implementation of New Programs
- Support team with formula testing and sustainability
- Recruitment and tracking formula samples
- Summarize formula evaluations
- Maintain brand archives
External Partnerships with vendors
- Support lab and contract manufacturer briefs for formula development for haircare
- Identify packaging and fragrance direction
Who you are:
- 5 years of experience in global marketing product development with 2+ years in developing hair products
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for the hair care category
- Experience in product concepting, ideation, packaging, formula design
- Experience in go to market asset production: creative briefs to internal creative team and agencies
- Proven track record of delivering and planning project timelines
- Experience in working with labs, fragrance houses and CMS
- Creative and analytical thinker with an ability to simplify and navigate through complexity to find ways to get the job done.
- Leans in, helps teammates, makes it happen.
- Creative thinking and flexibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams with a positive attitude
- Able to influence and provide feedback to shape business decisions, provide recommendations grounded in facts gathered from cross functional partners (labs, demand planning, retail team)
This is a hybrid role and is required to report to the NYC office 2x/week.
- Full Time, Exempt
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $75,000 - $95,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge and skills.
- Job Family Function of Beauty
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, April 17, 2023