RESIDENTIAL AIDES - Residential Aide (Per diem)
Title: Residential Aide - $20/hr
Unit: The Academy/Castle Gardens
Status: Per Diem - as needed
Location: Harlem & Bronx, NY
Days/Hours: as needed
Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, staff and guests of the Academy and Castle Gardens facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all residents and guests entering and leaving the building;
- Document all activities in the communication logbook;
- Regularly patrol resident floors and administrative offices;
- Intervene in crisis situations and provide appropriate support when necessary;
- Gather and maintain work order requests and submit to maintenance;
- Responsible for mail collection and distribution;
- Assist with compliance monitoring activities by monitoring curfew compliance and adherence to program regulations. Document in the log and inform the Senior Director of any problems or concerns;
- Conduct an orientation to the building for all residents (i.e. emergency exits, procedures for trash removal, laundry, etc.);
- Take toxicology screenings of clients;
- Co-facilitate AM and PM groups;
- Monitor security cameras; and
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED/HSE or related experience;
Experience working in an institutional setting and/or providing security services;
Certified in CPR and First Aide a plus. Will be required to obtain CPR and First Aide Certification after employment;
Comfortable with computer based data entry and using Microsoft Office;
Good written and verbal communication skills;
Excellent judgment and conflict resolution skills;
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis). Applicants should not provide medical or genetic information in their applications; and
We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel to Long Island City office for meetings or trainings.
Ability to physically monitor hallways of an 11-floor building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Harlem, New York, NY 10027, USA
- The Bronx, NY, USA