Scattered Site Services - Property Management Coordinator
Title: Property Management Coordinator
Unit: Property Management
Reports to: Director of Property Management
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non exempt
Responsible for overseeing agency vacancies by coordinating tenant moves, scheduling unit clean-outs, managing minor repairs and lock changes. The Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Property Management team and Programs to monitor and ensure the timely turnover of vacated units, units being surrendered to the landlord and for ensuring that new units meet programmatic standards and are move-in ready.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for addressing/collecting rent arrears;
- Coordinate inspections of housing units to ensure compliance with applicable housing codes and programmatic standards;
- Enter client information in the agency’s proprietary database, as well as in the appropriate contract funder databases, if applicable;
- Assist the Property Manager with locating new apartments for program’s needs, maintaining a running list of new contacts;
- Coordinate apartment inspections for new apartments and annually thereafter using the Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection form;
- May make recommendations to the Property Manager on areas which failed the inspection, in order to bring the apartment to standard and follows up on necessary repairs;
- Prepare and submit reports on client move in and move out activities;
- Coordinate client moves as necessary, including reserving vehicles and securing movers, driving agency vehicles to complete moves;
- Ensure scheduling of unit cleanout and cleaning for any scenario;
- Confirm the order of furniture for new apartments and moves are scheduled and completed;
- Document all interactions with landlords and staff on housing placement and apartment repair issues through finalization;
- Make copies of apartment keys for tenants as well as minor purchases of items for apartment repairs; maintain key boxes to ensure that Fortune has working keys to each unit and each lock on the unit;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED/HSE with certification from an accredited institution or an associate’s degree or some college or a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in psychology, criminal justice, or liberal arts;
- At least 3 years of experience working in housing preferred.
- Familiar with NYC housing issues and be able to navigate around them to maintain decent, stable housing for our clients;
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and criminal justice clients;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel database;
- Strong organizational and documentations skills;
- Ability to take initiative, be dependable, resourceful and be able to pay keen attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities at the same time in a time-sensitive manner;
- Ability to travel and drive throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City.
- Must have a clean, valid driver’s license and be approved to drive agency vehicles.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Travel Requirements: Travel within the five boroughs of NYC via agency vehicle, train and or bus. Driver’s license required. This position will require occasional travel to our Long Island City office for meetings and trainings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $36,400.00
- Max Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Harlem, New York, NY 10027, USA
- The Bronx, NY, USA