Facilities Operations- Camera/Telephone Technician
Title: Security Camera/Telephone Technician
Unit: Facilities Management
Reports to: AVP for Facilities Management
Status: Part-time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm and as needed
The security camera/telephone technician will oversee all camera systems and will work with contracted service provider to keep all camera systems up and running and where needed either make repairs in-house or call on service provider to make necessary repairs per contract. Does playback reviews of camera systems as needed and provides footage to various internal and external requesters. Works with both internal and external desk phone personnel to distribute and maintain all desk phones agency-wide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all camera systems agency-wide. Works with external service provider to resolve technical issues as they arise.
- Upon request, with approval of AVP for Facilities Management, reviews camera playback footage on agency-wide camera systems, to identify issues and events and provides footage on a thumb drive to internal and external requesters. Logs all requests and keeps footage in active folder.
- Maintains hosted and PBX phone systems agency-wide and works with service providers to fix issues that arise on both.
- Troubleshoots phone issues agency-wide and where necessary makes necessary repairs or replacements.
- Programs and deploys phones for new employees prior to their arrival.
- Maintains MITEL system information so that directory is kept up-to-date.
- Works with IT Department in order to maintain connection to both camera and phone systems as necessary.
- Keeps an accurate inventory of all phone types including Mitel and Polycom.
- Send out all phones that require repairs to service providers and monitor their return.
- Notify AVP of Facilities Management when the need for new equipment is necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the AVP for Facilities Management or his designee(s).
- High school diploma or GED/HSE preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience working with security camera systems especially as it relates to reviewing playback footage.
- At least 5 years of experience working with hosted and PBX phone devices including but not limited to programming, connecting and trouble-shooting as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Mitel phones and PBX systems including associated software.
- Working knowledge of hosted Polycom phones.
- Working knowledge of HikVision camera systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with a common goal of completing all work as necessary.
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to the mission of The Fortune Society. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Requires travel to all agency properties throughout the Boroughs.
Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Long Island City, 2976 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, New York, United States of America