FACILITIES OPERATIONS - Porter
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., subject to change depending on program needs
Responsible for keeping assigned area in a clean, safe and orderly condition by performing daily cleaning in offices and common spaces, as well as periodic heavy-cleaning activities, servicing and restocking restrooms, moving furniture and other assigned duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming;
- Service, clean and supply restrooms;
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors;
- Gather and empty trash;
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures;
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment;
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures;
- Requisition supplies or equipment as needed;
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies either manually or by using hand trucks;
- Shampoo carpets;
- Strip, seal, finish and polish floors;
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs and ladders as needed;
- Secure building by performing tasks such as locking doors and windows after operating hours;
- Replace lamps and ballasts as needed;
- Deliver packages to agency staff;
- Serve as assistant fire warden during fire drills and real emergencies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED/HSE preferred;
- At least 2 years of experience stripping, sealing, finishing, burnishing and buffing vinyl composition tile (VCT) required
- At least 2 years of experience operation light and heavy duty cleaning machines including, but not limited to, auto-scrubbers, floor machines, burnishers and stand up and shop vacuums required;
- At least 2 years of experience spotting and extracting carpets required;
- Knowledge of best cleaning practices required;
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and chemicals to maintain floors required; and
- Ability to work independently while at the same time taking direction and keeping management informed.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Travel Requirements – May require travel to our Harlem location.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- Long Island City, 2976 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, New York, United States of America