ADMISSIONS - Resource Specialist
THE FORTUNE SOCIETY
Title: Resource Specialist
Reports to: Director/Supervisor
Status: Full- time; regular; exempt
Days/Hours: 35 hours a week - days will vary depending on program needs
The Resource Specialist is primary responsible for assisting our participants in finding credible resources and referring our participants to programs that offer re-entry services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for making sure that all participants are assessed and referred to other sister agencies accordingly;
• Assist our participants in finding resources needed in applying for certain benefits through the various ways to apply;
• Conduct daily follow-up for outcomes;
• Assist clients in obtaining documentation such as birth certificates, social security card or any document required for application processes;
• Submit weekly and monthly reports to supervisor;
• Ability to enter detailed information into The Fortune Society’s database, including conducting intake of clients as needed;
• Assist and coordinate with external providers:
• Participate in and support advocacy efforts at The Fortune Society including being knowledgeable of all wrap-around services provided by The Fortune Society;
• Perform additional duties as needed.
• High School diploma required, some college preferred;
• Knowledge of resources;
• Excellent writing and telephone skills;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Excellent communication skills in various environments;
• Must be detailed oriented with excellent computer skills;
• Must be able to manage time effectively in a fast-pace environment;
• Strong commitment to working with the formerly incarcerated; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - LIC office, community, Correctional Facility, may have to travel to Harlem office.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status,predisposing genetic characteristics, \lictim of domestic violence status or marital status.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Long Island City, 2976 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, New York, United States of America