FINANCE DEPARTMENT - Contract Analyst
Title:Government Grants Accountant
Reports to:Chief Finance Officer
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours:Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
The Government Grants Accountant provides contract management, grant proposal support, compliance reporting, related auditor interface and the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for assigned program areas. This position works closely with program staff to facilitate their understanding of financial implications of programmatic decisions and assists in the smooth operation of the contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages a portfolio of contracts and grants;
· Preparation of proposals, budgets, budget modifications and financial analysis related to contracts;
· Analyze each grant on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of financial data required for claim submissions related to government agency and privately funded contracts and grants;
· Manage allocation process of personal services and OTPS to contracts;
· Perform periodic budget variance reviews for program management staff;
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual cost reports for the various governmental contracts;
· Collect funds from grantors as required;
· Review general ledger to reconcile contract accounts receivables, with regard to specific claims outstanding and payments received;
· Responsible for the timely submission of reports to executive management;
· Interface with compliance auditors on all aspects of audits;
· Provides timely follow-up on internal/external requests for information; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· BA or BS in Accounting and 3 – 5 years of experience, including submissions of vouchers and claims to federal, state and local government agencies;
· Proven professional experienced in all phases of not-for-profit fund accounting;
· Must be organized, self-motivated and detail orientated with strong written and oral communication skills;
· Strong knowledge of Excel;
· We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission.Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements– May require travel to our Harlem office.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Long Island City, 2976 Northern Blvd, Long Island City, New York, United States of America