Senior Associate, Pricing (Liability)
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. here for more information about Fortitude Re.the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations.
The Senior Associate, Life Pricing, will play a key role in the supporting the Actuarial team on the production and interpretation of pricing analytics in support of life and annuity reinsurance transactions.
- Set up and run liability diligence models, produce liability sensitivities
- Carry out exhaustive policy and product diligence as well as related treaty terms implications impacting liabilities under consideration
- Communicate liability product risks and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Analyze experience and develop assumptions for models
- Follow applicable governance and pricing standards
- Qualified or near qualified Associate or Institute of Actuaries (or equivalent) with minimum of 3 years’ experience in pricing and within the life re/insurance industry.
- Strong modeling and technical skills (Excel modeling skills required, general actuarial modeling experience in GGY/Moody’s AXIS is a plus)
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with programming in R or Python is an asset.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is an asset
The ideal candidate will:
- Be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to work independently
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA