Assistant Vice President, Life Pricing
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Associate Director & Actuary will be an experienced technical contributor playing a key role in the production and interpretation of pricing analytics in support of life and annuity reinsurance transactions.
- Set up and run pricing analysis, produce sensitivities
- Iterate on reinsurance structure and treaty terms to optimize solutions for counterparties
- Communicate pricing results and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Follow applicable governance and pricing standards
- Review, validate, and extend existing models
- Qualified or near qualified Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Institute of Actuaries (or equivalent) with 5 - 8 years of experience
- Strong modeling and technical skills (Excel modeling skills required, SQL/Python/Julia a plus)
- Experience in pricing, corporate FP&A, Capital Management, Valuation, Financial Reporting, Reinsurance, and/or ALM
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, adaptable and team player.
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and motivated to support teams in delivering timely results and quality work products.
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Be able to prototype models for validation and ground-up development, learning real-time, anticipating problems or challenges and proactively addressing them
- Have a strong conceptual understanding and hand-on experience with different financial reporting basis (e.g. US/Canadian/Bermuda/International regimes)
- Be supportive and encouraging with other team members, including development of junior staff
- Be customer-oriented (internal and external)
- Be driven to solve problems in a disciplined and pragmatic way
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA