Senior Associate, Financial Controls
The Senior Associate, Financial Controls position responsible for supporting the Company’s Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Program. The candidate will contribute to the implementation of the ICFR Program in accordance with established frameworks set forth in the SEC’s Guidance Regarding Management’s Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (“SOX”) as well as the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Annual Financial Reporting Model Regulation (“MAR”). This role will be based in our Nashville, TN office on a hybrid schedule. We will provide relocation allowance to assistant with moving to the Nashville area.
This position will have significant interaction with Financial Control leaders, line of business leaders and Fortitude’s Internal Audit function. The position also contribute to the design and deliver training to the business unit leaders and assist the business units in the evaluation and development of remediation plans for control deficiencies.
What You Will Do:
The position will be responsible for effectively and efficiently conducting annual assessments of the design and operating effectiveness of controls designed to support management’s periodic internal control certification requirements (including SEC Regulation 302 and 906 Certifications) by:
- Collaborating with internal and external audit in the planning and performance of annual walkthroughs.
- Contributing to and supporting the AVP of Financial Controls in the annual assessment of materiality, tolerances and scope
- Assist process owners in the annual business process documentation updates utilizing standard Risk and Control Matrix (RCM) and flowcharts templates
- Exercising appropriate judgement in the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of controls, including determining the test objective, testing approach and sample sizes
- Collaborating with internal and external auditors as well as business process owners in the process walkthroughs and as appropriate tests of operating effectiveness and remediation of any control deficiencies, including control deficiencies determined to be the root cause of out of period adjustments or misstatements
- Support assessment of Internal Control software, including any required user acceptance testing
- Maintaining and making necessary updates to the standards and policies governing the program
- Maintaining and making necessary updates to standard internal control tools and templates
- Keeping current on best practices and latest thinking regarding processes and controls
- Supporting our core values by communicating and teaming effectively across different cultures and levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or auditing
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Two (2) or more years of experience auditing public companies subject to “SOX”
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, specifically variable annuity products is a plus
- Ability to understand and apply relevant US GAAP and US Statutory Accounting Principles
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
We offer competitive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble culture including:
- Unlimited PTO policy
Actuarial exam support through our Actuarial Development Program
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family FA - Finance
- Job Function Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA