Associate, Senior Investment Accounting
The Senior Associate of Investment Accounting will report to the Assistant Vice President of Investment Accounting. This position is responsible for the compilation of monthly and quarterly investment data for Fortitude Re, including analysis of net investment income, realized gains and losses, investment yields, investment balances by asset class, etc. This position will be involved in recording activity into the GL, reconciliations, audit support, and ad hoc projects as the company acquires additional blocks of business. This position will offer the employee the opportunity for professional development and career advancement as Fortitude Re continues to grow.
What You Will Do:
- Support the accounting close process, including preparation of journal entries and corresponding balance sheet reconciliations for both GAAP and STAT bases of accounting
- Assist with day to day monitoring, research and documentation within company’s investments platform and general ledger
- Assist in preparation of quarterly earnings report and audited financial statements including footnotes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to provide supporting evidence for ad hoc queries
- Execute job responsibilities in accordance with established internal controls and governance processes.
- Participate in process improvement and other ad hoc projects as required
What You Will Have:
- University degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Possess strategic and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and/or handle shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Very strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes.
We offer competitive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble culture including:
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family IN - Investment
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Brentwood, TN, USA
- Jersey City, NJ, USA