Assistant Vice President, TPA Management & Governance
The Assistant Vice President, TPA Management and Governance will report directly to the VP, TPA Governance and will be appointed to manage a Strategic Third-Party Administrator (TPA) to ensure the TPA provides high quality administrative services to the Company and its clients through adherence to both established policies, and to newly created policies. The TPAs administer policies on behalf of the company, and this role is responsible to identify and mitigate Company’s risks related to the TPAs by ensuring effective control and oversight strategies are in place and consistently executed.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an exceptionally effective operational leader with a strong business and process mindset, a strong contract management background, proven experience of operational control management, and should possess good change leadership skills. Your contribution as a leader at Fortitude Re is a defining factor for the company’s continued growth and success.
As a member of the TPA Governance team and an influencer at the Company, people will come to you as a “go-to” source and support because of your deep knowledge of the operational and technical processes and the Fortitude Re / TPA business relationship. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions, utilizing your experience, judgment and risk mitigation mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes and you are the one both internal and external partners turn to for issue resolution/direction related to TPA matters. You act with speed, composure, and a Company and Client focus with an unwavering commitment to deliver solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Implement appropriate contract governance to ensure TPA agreement terms are understood and implemented correctly, with SLA attainment and oversight
- Establish strategic guardrails and targets for TPAs, implementing effective practices, to provide maximum value to Fortitude Re. Ensure TPA is trained and has implemented Fortitude Re policies and standards.
- Act as a primary contact for ceding counterparties ensuring service standards are attained and correctly reported on. Manage day-to-day relationships for successful outcomes
- Monitor customer experience, service levels and operating performance targets which balance the need for excellent customer service with the need to effectively manage expenses. Identify efficiency improvement opportunities and help implement in the TPAs
- Provide business stakeholders with timely and relevant reports on key customer, quality and productivity metrics and progress against plans. Deliver optimal support services to the product and distribution channels across the Fortitude Re business. Coordinate with TPAs on business improvement programs and key remediation activities.
- Drive a Risk Management culture among contract owners and business partners. Partner with appropriate Legal, Compliance, Risk, Audit to maintain adherence to governance requirements
- Ensure TPAs have a defined and tested Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans. Coordinate Disaster Recovery tests with appropriate functional groups
- Ensure a service-oriented delivery culture within the TPAs. Seek periodic customer feedback to ensure continuous monitoring and improvement of service standards
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with TPA and ceding companies ensuring information is flowing accurately and efficiently while managing the risk for Fortitude Re Note to Simon maybe contained in bullet 2 already
What You Will Have:
- Deep background in contract management and implementation
- Strong operational background, including TPA management experience
- Expert understanding of the insurance industry / market
- Experience with Life & Annuities operations highly beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong influencing skills
- Experience in conflict resolution, or the ability to de-escalate tense situations - comfortable in a role that requires negotiation
- Analytical skills, resourceful with the ability to search and find answers/market data as needed
- Results oriented, and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills – very flexible with roles expanding day-to-day
- Professional attitude - enthusiastic, reliable, and a team player.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills; skilled at relationship building
- Strong focus and demonstrated commitment to team work/team development
- Experience leading and influencing others through change
What We Offer:
We offer competitive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble culture including:
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Family OP - Operations
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA