Associate, Actuarial Data Management
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Associate, Actuarial Data Analyst is responsible for maintenance of programs, databases, reports and controls for Actuarial use. This role will develop and provide high quality systems to support the business needs of the Actuarial department of Fortitude Re.
- Manage Actuarial Data controls for all data delivered to the Actuarial Data Lake
- Provide business analysis and programming expertise in the analysis, design and development of business applications
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve business problems
- Work as a liaison between Actuarial systems and IT production support to ensure systems are kept functional and current
- Regularly mentor other personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and Actuarial colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Handle multiple assignments concurrently and proactively seek new assignments
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training is required. Minimum experience of three years in a programming environment is required.
- Expert technical knowledge, with hands-on experience working with large datasets in a data warehouse environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Good organizational and project management skills, operating as part of a team. Designing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation
- Proficient in platform appropriate programming languages, utilities and code management tools (such as MS Excel, Access, Word, SQL and Business Analytics tools)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well on cross-functional projects and foster team commitment to tasks
- Able to meet objectives and target dates under pressure, react to changing priorities, demonstrate initiative, and develop new skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA