Investments Summer Analyst
Fortitude Re works with the world’s leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Our deep insurance experience and proprietary risk modeling capabilities allow us to structure bespoke transactions that benefit both insurance companies and their policyholders. Fortitude Re takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticated institutional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. We have been in business since 2017, but our roots in the insurance industry — and the experience of our leadership — go back many decades.
This position is based in Jersey City, NJ or Nashville, TN
Fortitude Re’s investments team determines and develops asset strategies designed to support reinsured liabilities. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining Fortitude Re’s investment plan based on its strategic asset allocation, guiding Fortitude Re’s asset managers to execute such asset strategies, and monitoring the asset portfolio to assess performance and portfolio risk. The investments unit also communicates investment activities to executive management, the Board of Directors, Investment Committee, regulators and other interested parties. The group will play an essential role in the pricing and due diligence of potential new business acquisitions.
- Develop analysis to assess new investment opportunities
- Develop quantitative techniques for evaluating select prospective and existing investments.
- Facilitate in the preparation of written materials to communicate investment strategy, performance, and risk monitoring
- Develop automated and efficient reporting to monitor portfolio positions, activity, risk, performance and compliance and explain such information to Fortitude Re’s senior management, Investment Committee, and Board of Directors
- Collaborate with Investment Managers (AIG Investments and The Carlyle Group) and the Fortitude Re team to develop investment recommendations based on market conditions and Fortitude Re’s ALM and capital position
- Perform due diligence on asset portfolios that may be acquired in future acquisitions and develop asset strategies for any future reinsurance liabilities
- Bachelor’s degree and pursuit of graduate degree with a background in finance, economics, or investments and/or up to 3 years of work experience
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and advanced Excel skills is required. Familiarity with more sophisticated data science techniques (SQL, R, Python, MatLab) is a plus
- Very strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes.
- Presence and credibility to present effectively to key senior management
- Willingness to work towards CFA designation is preferred
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family IN - Investment
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA