Assistant Vice President, IT Investments Systems Architect
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Assistant Vice President, IT Investments Systems Architect is responsible for data and applications for use within capital, hedging and actuarial models. The primary IT role is frequently engage with our Investments Ops/Accounting business partners to understand their needs (40%) and then lead IT efforts to build technology solutions to address these needs (60%).
- Develop capability-based roadmaps
- Document current state process/data flows and propose optimizations for future state process/data flows
- Ingest and analyze new/existing data sets related to asset "greeks", derivatives, hedging, volatility, market data
- Design and implement data processing (ETL, ELT) and data approval workflows
- Engage with market data vendors to coordinate secure data transfers
- Provide long term technology solutions to financial modeling using data visualizations/dashboards, data science, ML and AI.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science or Engineering - Experience with Investment Accounting systems (Clearwater, Aladdin, etc.) and enterprise Market/Ratings/Analytics data (Bloomberg, Factset, Moodys, Refinitiv,etc.) - Domain knowledge of Fixed Income and Derivatives assets
- Minimum experience of five years in programming (Python and/or R)
- Experience in building cloud-based data solutions, preferably in AWS
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, Big Data and advanced querying methods
- Robust knowledge of data lakes, data governance and modern data quality techniques
- Prior knowledge and experience in the fintech, investment banking or insurance industry
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family IT - Information Technology
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA