Vice President, IT Infrastructure and Operations
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
This leadership role will be a direct report to the Fortitude Re Chief Information Officer and will be expected to bring deep information technology expertise in addition to a strong customer service orientation and focus on delivering business value and outcomes. The role will be responsible for providing enterprise, strategic direction for the infrastructure function in our primarily cloud-based virtual environment. Our infrastructure must be designed to be highly available and to maximize the day-to-day efficiency and productivity of our employees. The role will be accountable for the effective and efficient oversight of our IT service desk operations including internal trouble ticketing, incident and outage management.
Our applications, infrastructure, and supporting processes need to be high functioning, stable and nimble to handle business growth in a rapidly changing environment. Our technology stack needs to be high performing and available to meet the demands of a highly analytical workforce delivering on critical timelines to support our business objectives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the IT operations and infrastructure teams with a continuous focus on best-in-class customer service and delivery.
- Responsible for enterprise infrastructure vision and strategy working with multiple executive and senior level stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical strategy that aligns to business priorities and objectives.
- Responsible for technical execution and for the scaling and building of enterprise infrastructure and operations.
- Analyze business results, providing deep insight into on-going trends and performance.
- Evaluate current technology capabilities, risks and roadmap against various department and company goals; Facilitate conversations across business units to drive agreement.
- Overseeing team of engineers, technicians and helpdesk personnel to ensure that all patches, security updates, upgrades, projects, jobs and tasks are completed on time, within budget, to customer satisfaction and to company standards.
- Responsibility for designing and implementing improved process of IT Support policies.
- Recommending and implementing changes to products or services to fulfill the needs of the business and the customer.
- Provide security related technical and procedural guidance to Fortitude Re’s employees, advises on information protection requirements and strategies and reports security metrics to appropriate stakeholders
- Establish and periodically review the process and metrics for defining performance and ensuring it remains at optimal levels. Design metrics and process standards across all end-to-end internal information technology processes to ensure effective monitoring of the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and cost of service for the information technology function.
- Collaborates with members of the senior leadership team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Ensures that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the company’s computing, data processing, and communications needs.
- Development and oversight of IT policies, standards, and procedures to protect Company assets, comply with government and regulatory requirements, and ensure a well-controlled IT environment
- Oversee contract negotiations with IT vendors, contractors, and service providers
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with select executive and business leadership, project management, process improvement, strategy, and service delivery vendors to ensure service delivery standards are defined and appropriately governed.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree required with emphasis on computer science, information systems, software engineering, or other relevant field.
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with an emphasis on Information Technology is preferred
- 15+ years of experience with broad result-driven IT experience
- Experience building, scaling & monitoring infrastructure needed for SaaS-based applications and services
- Must be a seasoned technology expert in the area of Cloud infrastructure specifically with a deep understanding of AWS and Microsoft Azure native architecture(s)
- Must have experience with enterprise class security standards
- Ability to impart business acumen on IT teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in leading and building diverse teams to solve complex business problems
- Previous experience in project management, process improvement and systems implementation within reinsurance industry preferred.
- Skilled at strategic planning and goal setting
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven experience in managing and understanding complex issues and their interrelationships by having strong creative thinking capabilities to create new solutions and concepts.
- Proven track record of liaising with a diverse team across multiple departments.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, with significant overtime, and ability to meet tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family IT - Information Technology
- Job Function VP
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA