Associate, Claims Examiner
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
Purpose: Provide prompt and accurate service involving the payment and or research of incontestable death claims. Respond to customer inquiries orally or through written communication.
- Process and assure correct settlement of routine death claims up to $500,000.00.
- Determine family coverage and issue endorsements accordingly.
- Calculate settlement adjustments as necessary.
- Handle telephone calls, emails and letter inquiries.
- Provide accurate claim and/or policy status, beneficiary information and settlement explanations to claimants, funeral homes and local offices.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Requires knowledge of claim procedures, policy contracts and provisions.
- Will have frequent contact with claimant’s, attorneys, funeral homes, local offices, and other departments answering detailed questions and providing claim information either orally or through written communication.
- Experience with AGNIS/VFlex, AWD and the claims system preferred.
- Requires detailed analysis of a variety of information from various sources including policy provisions, proofs of death, assignments, legal documents, policy status and policy histories.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions requiring good understanding of claims practices, procedures and state regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- 340 Seven Springs Way, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA