Senior Associate, FP&A
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
Fortitude Re has an exciting opportunity for a talented leader in our Nashville, TN office. The Senior Associate, FP&A will play a key role in the buildout of the company’s Financial Planning & Analysis function to support evolving analytical needs and future business growth. The role will have high visibility in key projects. This individual will report to the AVP, Financial Planning & Analysis of Fortitude Re.
- Support the quarterly US GAAP results analysis process, including preparation of presentations for internal and external management, including Board and Investor communications
- Support the annual Budget cycle and monthly US GAAP re-projection process
- Work with Controllership, Investments, Actuarial, Business Segment, and Expense teams to ensure accuracy of projections and consistency of results analysis
- Ensure consistency in modeling assumptions with company’s long term economic forecasts
- Track results against near and long term KPIs, and identify opportunities to improve financial results
- Review impact of deal and capital activity on near term GAAP and management basis projections
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Finance
- CPA, CFA, ASA, or FSA designation preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in (re)insurance industry or auditing and/or providing consultative support for insurance clients
- Experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis team preferred, but open to candidates with relevant background in Financial Reporting, Actuarial, Audit or Investments teams
- Experience managing large volumes of data, with strong general ledger and/or analysis tool systems background
- Understanding of how insurance products operate, with experience analyzing the drivers of insurance company P&L statements (actuarial, expense management, investments)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with strong proficient in Microsoft excel.
- Highly motivated and creative / strategic thinker
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, with the ability to manage processes working with a diverse team across multiple departments and locations
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family FA - Finance
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA